Sunday, September 20, 2009

park party



Before I arrived in France I was anticipating that my birthday this year would be a sad case.  I imagined myself alone, lost in the city and OLD.

but, it seems i've been blessed by the birthday gods of Paris!! I couldn't have asked for a better birthday celebration. The weather was amazing (and i'm serious when i say AMAZING...by Paris standards), most of my friends were there and people came equipped with marvelous gifts and the most delicious foods...well, I guess I did say bring edible delights and 'nector of the gods' on the invite...one thing can be concluded here: THESE PEOPLE LISTEN!!

Silke and I set up camp with our bottles of bubbly, baguettes and large chunk of salty butter (...gotta have the butter, and it better be salted) - if no one had shown up, I still would have had the best day ever!

Me, enjoying the sun before everyone arrived

This is where we set up camp, next to this skinny little tree.  


Barend made a massive tiramisu...and it was completely devoured within minutes.




Lot's of yummy treats from Laduree


Luna brought this amazing pear and chocolate tart...i love that combo


I took polaroids throughout the afternoon - i used my last pack EVER!  
R.I.P Polaroid.

Thank you to everyone who came out!! I had such a wonderful day!

Amanda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment