Sunday, September 27, 2009

more from the wine cellar


"I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad.
Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am.
Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

- Lili Boulanger on Champagne

Wine tasting last week was fabulous...mainly because we not only got to taste wines from Bordeaux, but champagnes as well!  

Here is a list for reference:

All Champagne and one delicious port:



1. Louis Roederer, Brut Premier
2. Cuvee William Deutz 1995
3. Larmandier-Bermier, Vertus, Cote des Blancs
4. Louis Roederer Vintage Rose 1997
5. Taylor's Vintage Port, 2000

Bordeaux wines:



1. Chateau Carbonnieux, White Pessac Leognan 2006 Grand Cru Classe
2. Chateau Rieussee Santerres 1979, Premier Grand Cru Classe
3. Alter Ego de Palmer Margaux 2000
4. Chateau Canon-la-Gaffeliere, Saint Emilion, Grand Cru 1996
3. Chateau d'Issan Margaux 3rd Growth Grand Cru Classe 1999


No comments:

Post a Comment