Sunday, November 1, 2009

Gypsy

Nostalgia is such a funny thing.

Whenever I hear the song "Gypsy" by Fleetwood Mac, or any other song of theirs for that matter, I get incredibly nostalgic and sentimental...you know, the kind that gives you far away, dreamy, teary eyes.

I was introduced to Fleetwood Mac during my 'faux' hippie days...first year university on the east coast then a summer of tree-planting (and tree-hugging) in Northern Ontario...it plays out like a 'coming-of-age' movie.

So, of course, I jumped at the chance to see Fleetwood Mac live in Paris.  I think we may have been the youngest people in the place and the concert wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped; Stevie's voice is not what it used to be...and sadly, they had backup singers to sing the high notes.  The thing is, in the end, it really didn't matter to me whether they were good or bad, just being there, listening to those songs that I had once played over and over was good enough for me.



Bonne Nuit!

No comments:

Post a Comment