Monday, August 31, 2009

montmartre to marais

All I feel is pure exhaustion. Today was my first day of classes. It was great, but I truly forgot just how tiring meeting new classmates and teachers can be...I'm both excited and nervous to really get started - it's gonna be one hell of a year.

As promised in my last email, here are some pics from Diana's apartment in Montmartre and just some other ones I took between walking and biking on our way to the Marais. Enjoy.


Diana introduced me to sparkling water and almond syrup...so good! Apparently this is what the old people drink ;)


One of the most well known bookstores - remember it from Before Sunrise...or was it After Sunset...



This is one of the amazing lamps in the Bourg Tibourg hotel in the Marais. One of the coziest, most elaborately decorated hotels I've ever seen. I must have noticed at least 10 different beautiful patterns as I walked up to Jacques and Peter's room (family friends from Toronto)


Jacques and Peter: visiting in Paris from Toronto. They're headed off to the South of France and then to Lake Cuomo in Italy for a wedding...oh! the life!

5 comments:

  1. Ohmigod, ohmigod, omigod!! I need to come there now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the weather in paris looks so much more inviting than here in toronto!!! biz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's actually from before sunset (the second one) and one of my favourite films!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice shots!!!
    it was such a beautiful day t. paris misses you.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! (sigh)

    thank you for letting me live in Paris through you.

    hope to come visit soon!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete